Thursday, September 10, 2009

9/10/2003 This was the start of my bedside stay with my Mom the last day and 1/2 of her life. I was mad at my sister because she came over from Cinn. to sit by her bed. She had really not paid too much attention to my Mom in years, and often really hurt my Mom's feelings, but now, she wanted to be there for her death. I think she needed to be there and I think she was actually more sad about the whole thing, in a way, then I was. I was devistated mind you, but I really had no regrets. I had said and done most of what I needed to do. My Mom knew that I loved her and my actions had proven that love time and again, over the years. My sister, on the other hand, was remorseful that she had missed so much. Now, that time was gone. She kept holding my Mom's hand and saying sweet things to her and I wanted to smack her and say, "Where were all these nice things all these years, when Mom missed you and just wanted a little attention'"? I had to bite my tongue and not say anything. I did feel that she was horning in on my special time with my Mom and I wanted to be there for her as she passed from this world to the next. I was selfish, I know. But, I did not want her with me. I am glad, now six years later, that she was there. There are so many things I have done in my life, alone. I will get into my lonely marriage later, but I am glad I was not alone, when my Mother died. We both held her hand and recited the 23rd psalm. Sounds like a movie. We finished, she took her last breaths, and she was gone. It was weird. The woman that had brought me into this world, I had help take out of this world. It seemed appropriate that both her children were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment